The Candida Project – Supplement 2 – Black Walnut Hull Extract

Woke up this morning and felt fantastic. I don’t know if I just happened to hit REM cycles right on the head, or if this is a good sign of things to come!

I’m on supplement number three for the next few days, which means I finished off supplement #2, black walnut hull. The first night on black walnut hull I coughed all night. I was sure I was getting sick. But the next morning I woke up and felt fine. Tired, but fine. And then a few hours into my morning I realized how freely I could breathe. I woudln’t have even made note of not being able to breathe easily. Any issues I’ve ever had have been very mild, and I associated them with allergies. Regardless of this perspective, there was a marked improvement, and it was awesome. I found myself breathing deep throughout the day just to appreciate my new lung capacity. Later that afternoon, I developed a rash across my stomach. Tiny bumps that were itchy spanned my entire midsection at about hip level. I didn’t feel weird, or feel like anything was swelling or my airways were compromised (nope, opposite – yay breathing!). And a few hours later I had to run to the bathroom. I didn’t have diarhhea or anything. But I had to go. NOW. ANd after that the rash cleared up and I felt pretty good. Aside from running out of energy about mid-afternoon, I felt pretty good on black walnut hull. And the breathing improvement was enough I considered going past the 4 day period I’d planned. But, when it came time to swithc, I did. And now I’m taking grapefruit seed extract, which is one I’d read really does a number on yeast. Many women even take this supplement for generic vaginal yeast infections. Who knew there were natural supplements? I started on this supplement Saturday, but it also corresponded with a weekend of eating like crap. I have random days thorughout my cycle where I eat endlessly and nothing will satisfy me. This was one of those weekends. I ate frozen pizza and ice cream and hamburgers with buns. But I made it through the weekend, and didn’t even have caffeine on Sunday. Sunday night I was regretting that decision since I had a horrible caffeine withdrawal headache, but come this morning, I felt fantastic! I woke up quickly with my alarm, and even did a small amount of cleaning before work. This is unheard of for me. Normally I have to drag myself, kicking and screaming, to consciousness, and wander through my morning routine, barely conscious. So far this morning, I haven’t had any caffeine. I miss the act of drinking a diet soda more than I miss the caffeine. And I’m sure the longer I sit at my desk, the more I’ll feel like I need caffiene.

Am I the only one who feels like her desk job does worse things to her body than some manual labor jobs? I mean, I’m not saying it’s worse than really hard labor, but I think I was better off in a job with some movement. Now I just sit. And sit. And sit. And sit. And if I’m not sitting, it’s assumed I’m not working (which is mostly true).

So, we’ll see how this goes. The packaging says to take 1 per day. But I found a schedule online that was for 7-14 days. It says to start with 1 capsule, twice a day. Then increase to three times a day. Then finally, take two capsules twice a day. And then taper off. I think since this supplement is supposed to be one of the best I’m going to stay on for six days. Day 1 was 1 supplement, twice per day. Days 2-3 will be 1 supplement, three times per day. Days 4-5 I’ll do two supplements, twice per day. And then on the sixth day, cut back to 1 supplement twice per day.

I also switched to washing my face with coconut oil this weekend. The first day I had two small breakouts (that have already healed). But I think that’s because I put on the oil, and immediately washed it off. With soap. Hey, I panicked!

Ever since I’ve been putting on the oil. Leaving it for just a short period, then laying a hot washcloth on my face for about 30 seconds. Then rinsing the washcloth, and lightly scrubbing my face. It feels less oily than before. My face doesn’t look better, but it’s only been a few days. So we’ll see how that goes. I’m also going to make some coconut oil lotion. Ordered some shea butter, vitamin e oil and beeswax for that project. So I’ll keep you posted!

I also spent some time this weekend making bone broth. So far I’m not sick of the stuff, so I find it reassuring that it’s doing good stuff for my body. I’ve even been drinking it twice a day. Once mid-morning. And then again at the end of the day. Usually I’ll take a hot Epsom salt bath (supposed to be good for releasing toxins) and drink the bone broth while watching something like Bones on Netflix on my iPad. Not such a terrible way to end the night!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: